Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chocolat - A soundtrack worth forever - 1




I was looking forward to cover a number of muscial peices, that I wanted to talk about, long time back... but due to some reason or the other, they were not discussed... anyhow.. lets do it right now! I shall start it with this one...

Last week On a DVD , I catched up with a Movie called Chocolat (2000) starring Johnny Depp. Apart from the excellence narration, strong lead performances and Compact screenplay, this one had a tremendous Musical score, that has left me spellbound! If ur someone, who has an apt desire to explore coutry background music of France and European layouts, then do watch this movie, for an expirience, that shall last with you for a long time!



Chocolat tells the story of a young mother, played by Juliette Binoche, who arrives at the fictional, repressed French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes with her six-year-old daughter and opens La Chocolaterie Maya, a small chocolaterie. Her Chocolate quickly begins to change the lives of the townspeople. How? To know this... I advise you to catch this awesome movie treated very differently in terms of its Direction.
On surfing net the other day ... I got aware of the fact, that The album was nominated for the Academy Award, the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score and the Grammy Award for Best Score Soundtrack Album For A Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media. The original score was composed by Rachel Portman.

Amongst all the tracks in the movie... My personal favorite are these two -

1) Minor swing - an ultimate groovy acoustic guitar tune!




2) Caravan - A melody like this, comes...once in a life time. I am being told by a few people that this is based on the original score by Duke Ellington, but cover or not, this one was a masterpeice! Amazing!




This is what you call... Music, that leaves u in a state of bliss!



- AfterScript Lyrics-
The early light is breaking
The morning sun is waiting in the sky
And I think I'm gonna break away
And follow where the birds of freedom fly
I need you give
I need to live
For the world is slowly turning
And the light of love are burning
In my eyes

PS - I feel that finally I have achieved the Transition from Orkut to Facebook, at last. I find myself using Twitter and Facebook, more often and in higher priority then Orkut! :) I am happy, to be moving ahead with the world at last!

PPS - This article is also a part of The new Blog That I am working onto, along with some friends... Its called THE ENTERTAINMENT CIRCUIT! Those who wish to be a part of the writing team and Admin panel, and find themselves intrested in its theme... can leave their Email Id's in the comment Box! :) The team is still in the making... :) Take care, god bless!

1 comment:

Harini said...

Now i so wanna watch the movie. Its Johnny depp... any movie with him will be good. He just makes a movie worth watching :P.