Monday, March 30, 2009

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN


The Road Not Taken

- Robert Frost(1874-1963)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. . .

. (Mountain Interval . 1920)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read this poem when I was in class 9th , loved the poem when it was in my course and still hold an essential place deep within my heart. This poem had a connection with my personal life unlike any other poem I had written or read till date! “I too faced a choice at one point of time in my life... and I'm also sorry that I could not travel both roads that laid before me! “

Its my soul's call to each and every reader of my Blog to hear his or her heart's voice while making decisions, else the more you will walk ahead in life, the greater you will be forced to look back! Advices from everyone around you will do come your way, but making your passion and soul instinct as your directive maps will always lead you to paths of glory, the condition here remains that your motives and intentions are clear to you, you should not lie to yourself! You should not hide your realities from your self and then only your heart will show you the right path!

Oh, I kept the first for another day!...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,...I doubted if I should ever come back. “ how true is that! We never come back at the same point in life from where we make a certain choice. Life keeps moving and all of us forget about that turning point unless on some lazy Sunday afternoon or perhaps a weekend we do realize where we have reached and from where we begun that very day when we took that turn!

I regret writing each and every word of this post yet the beauty of life is that it always teaches you a lesson with every wrong decision of yours!

The concluding verse holds the key “ telling this with a sigh” . No matter where you go, no matter what you do, success or failure whatever comes by your fate, you never stop thinking about the road not taken, you always sigh for not being able to travel both roads in life!

All I want to say from this post to all the readers in that, Always remember one thing in life... In a world full of opportunities, its not our abilities that decide what we become, It is our choices!





20 comments:

PULKIT said...

dearest readers of my blog,

thanks for the overwhelming response that you all showed on my last post! for the first time, I reched the 50 comment mark and I'm more than glad to all of you for all the feedback and immense support! means a lot to me!

this post had been on my mind ever since I started this blog! for the first time, I am here writing about a poem written by someone else, this post is dedicated to all the passount from schools and colleges that has to take decisions and chose paths in life this year as to where one has to move on! pls read and understand the words of sir robert frost here... u might not commit mistake like I did two years back!

with ocean of love and universe of blessings
your loving friend and most honest wellwisher
PULKIT
(pulkit.tiwari@gmail.com)

priyanka said...

hi bro ,this time i wanted to be the first one to be on ur blog n here i am anyways i have gone through this poem before also simply gr8 poem n here i just wana thank u n pray that ur msg should reach out to masses.God Bless

Strider said...

heyy

good yaar,u do express ur thoughts very clearly...keep it up
and as for the poem...it is one of THE best..easy to understand but still very profound at its core

PULKIT said...

@ priyanka - thanks a lot sweety sis! love u loads!

@ ridhima - thanks for visit again! m glad to have ur appreciation and praise :)
keep visitng!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Pulkit...
Thanks a lot for this wonderful post...!Robert Frost,wat a great poet He is...!I still remember those lines of him...not only because of the truth in those lines but also because of my teacher, who taught me those lines...This post takes me back to those days...

Thanks :)
kaveri
www.kalakkal-kirukkalgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So true!
I thank you for bringing these lines by Robert Frost back into my life. I had completely forgotten when I keep reflecting on my choices as to were I had heard of this the very first time! It was in my course books in this very poem:)

Cheers
Choco
http://boxingwords.blogspot.com/

Dorothi said...

Thanks for posting the poem...its one of my favorites...No one can have both the roads and heart always lingers on the "Road Not Taken".

Ekam said...

Beautiful poem. So true to life.We tend to work hard on that and with our full dedication if the decision is form our heart and not by somebody's advice...

PULKIT said...

@ kaveri - thanks again for the visit!glad to hear that this post helped you move back to some good old memories :)

PULKIT said...

@ choco - you are always welcome dear! will surely pay a visit to your blog too!
tc ang god bless!

PULKIT said...

@ dreamer - what more to say dear! thanks for the visit! it brings a big smile on my face everytime you pay a visit here!
thanks nainika!

PULKIT said...

@ ekam - thanks a lot sis!

"woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have some promises to keep and... Miles to go before I sleep" --- ROBERT FROST!

Stephen said...

Nice poem. meaningful. great job.

PULKIT said...

@ sthephen - thanks for the visit and the comments dear! keep visiting!

Anonymous said...

hey pulkit bhaiya..gr8 job again ..i 2 hv read ths poem in my 9th std..n stl rmbr its meaning...it`s 1 of d bst poems i hv evr cme acrsss...n ur xpltn..agn wondrfly done...impressiv bhai..gud....lovd it.....shagun

PULKIT said...

@ shagun - thanks sis!

salman said...

ab isme kya comment likhu yar

it is the policy of my life :P

Anonymous said...

very true my friend!
sucess and faliure are the two phases of our life..
it just depends upon our choices.
keep up the good work!
regards
riya.

PULKIT said...

@ salman sir and riya - thanks for the visit! :)