Thursday, July 1, 2010

Catching up of the Spotless Mind

July The 1st, Twenty Ten!

Its 8 o clock and I have just returned from an evening stroll. My growing tummy is a concern for me once in a while, rest of the time, I am too busy eating chocolates and sipping cold drinks that I hardly notice what miserable condition I am putting my once sporty physique into.

Even so late in the evening, Its so bloody Hot! The heat is everywhere… The nature looks dull; the leaves on the trees are at a stand still state, almost expressionless and the flowers if any on the cantonment roadside are all sulking to death. Its holidays out here and I spend most of the day, in an easy go manner. The light spell is on the roll for me. Its lazy. Its slow and I am loving it for the while . Rest is the name of the game! And by rest I don’t mean sleep. I hardly sleep even in nights now… The insomnia is growing and it’s frustrating at times how I spent whole of my night doing something or other which can be delayed but purposefully sleeping at dawn, around 4-5 in the morning has become a filthy habit.

CAT preparations for the time being are put on hold. Reading fiction occupies the majority of time I devote to books. I am done with 7 Sidney books in a row and now the next one in line is “The sky is Falling”, I have also “Brida” By Paulo Cohelo on my desk waiting to be started. Hopefully shall be doing it from tomorrow.


The mid of the day, afternoons that is are spent by me watching movies. Its almost regular for me to watch one movie a day and amongst the 15-20 that I managed to watch, The one that really caught my attention was “Eternal Sunshine of The spotless mind”… starring Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet (in her Oscar nominated role). The Film was brilliant to an extent that I want to dedicate my post tonight focussing on it mostly.





A man, Joel Barish, played in the most honest characterisation possible by Jim is heartbroken that his girlfriend Clementine underwent a procedure to erase him from her memory, decides to do the same. However, as he watches his memories of her fade away, he realizes that he still loves her, and may be too late to correct his mistake, as Joel's memories progressively disappear; he begins to rediscover their earlier passion. From deep within the recesses of his brain, Joel attempts to escape the procedure. As Dr. Mierzwiak and his crew chase him through the maze of his memories, it's clear that Joel just can't get her out of his head… How drama unfolds and what happens when they meet each other again after their respective memories erased is for you to get hold on when you catch this flick! Its an amazing movie that I highly recommend each one of you to watch. You shall be loving it if you have an appetite for newer concepts and thought provoking scripts and movies depicting human emotions that are all so complex and beyond each of our own understandings. Isn’t it?

Then there was one movie that I caught last night, based on Television Series that comes on HBO. It was called “Sex and The city”, It’s a well shot chick flick! And If you are a girl and have a gang of your own… The chic gang that is, then this one is a treat for you. I personally liked the soundtrack more then the movie itself. It was crisp situational and well in line with the screenplay!

Still around 20 days of holidays remain and I am hunting down movies and eagerly welcoming recommendations if any. One of my Friend for example suggested me to watch “Remember me” and I thank Rishab for that, similarly dear friends if you have lately or sometime back saw any movie that caught your attention please recommend and I shall try to catch it!



***********


Now coming to the blog talk – I love you – Those three words have my life in them! Was a series close to my heart in ways more then one and though many of you found it predictable and repetitive I sincerely would like to say that the intention was not so. Anyways I will try to improve this month to stay onto the expectations of my loving readers as I have always done so… I shall be working on a series of women centred scripts, mostly based on deception, real life drama and thrill… Not on love (which is the popular genre that I follow), Lets see how they come out. I will try my best!


I am back on Facebook, The ever-time-engaging phenomena! Its cooler and everytime is online everytime, comments within comments, pictures within pictures, tags within tags…I missed it so much and I love it so much, but that’s what I fear J It kind of makes me addicted and I shall keep my stay on it limited and devote more time on other things, more offline these holidays as I had planned it to be J

The next now will be My blog award… I have not been able to post it for the month of June so now there shall be a double header for the month of July, I will post it asap!


- Pulkit!



PS - Now comes the juicy part of this entire catching up post that I have written..

What lies ahead is a couple of weeks rest more. I want to go out somewhere on holidays but somehow I am not able to make any conclusive plans for that L

And did I tell you that For the month of July I shall be in the editorial panel of a very popular Adult webpage too, devoting sometime on articles there,some other kind, some other types :P :D now where it is and whats my work on it :P then lets keep it a secret :D sssssh!



PPS - How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! / The world forgetting, by the world forgot / Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! / Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.

(out of "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations"; the lines are from Alexander Pope's poem "Eloisa to Abelard)


5 comments:

Anwesa said...

That was a potpourri post. Be good :)

Ordinary Gal said...

waiting to read ur posts...will watch this movie soon. Thanks for sharing :)

PULKIT said...

@ anwesa - yeah that it is :)

PULKIT said...

@ riya - thanks!!

Abhishek Khurana said...

very well written dude........
also chk out m9
though its nt on poetry stuff but still i hope u'l like it!
www.abhishekkhurana25.blogspot.com